About the Report
Diligent Institute sought to ask a simple question: What are directors doing to gain insight and prepare for board meetings?
This study looks at the types of information directors seek as they prepare for board meetings, how they feel about what they receive from their management teams, and where else they turn for insights and education. The results help elucidate directors’ meeting preparation practices for those who work with boards on a regular basis – including CEOs, General Counsels, Corporate Secretaries, and other governance professionals. This report also reveals opportunities for these actors to re-examine their board information and communication models.
Diligent Institute surveyed directors from around the world to learn how they currently prepare for board meetings. The data on how directors prepare for meetings is reviewed through two different lenses:
- The percentage of directors who engaged in each activity.
- The percentage of time directors spent on each activity, on average.
The results might surprise you.
- Board Practices |
- Corporate Sentiment |
- Cyber Risk |
- Digital Transformation |
- Director Confidence Index |
- Director Perspectives |
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion |
- Economy |
- Environment, Social, Governance (ESG) |
- Executive Compensation |
- Executive Remuneration |
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) |
- Modern Governance |
- Stakeholders and Governance |
- Year in Review