About the Report
A lack of diversity in gender, race, ethnicity and other demographics persists at the executive and board levels, underscoring the need for modern leadership. The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and Diligent Corporation set out to foster a discussion about the progress and methodologies used to promote diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) at the highest levels of the corporate world.
The research team at the Diligent Institute teamed up with Diligent Corporation and NYSE to design a survey to identify the specific board diversity and refreshment practices companies have implemented and shine a light on any strategies they have yet to embrace. The survey sought answers to the following questions:
- What goals are companies setting around board diversity?
- What are the time frames within which companies plan to achieve their board diversity goals?
- Which board refreshment strategies have companies already implemented?
- How likely are companies to implement other board refreshment strategies in the future?
- Board Practices |
- Corporate Sentiment |
- Cyber Risk |
- Digital Transformation |
- Director Perspectives |
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion |
- Economy |
- Environment, Social, Governance (ESG) |
- Executive Remuneration |
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) |
- Modern Governance |
- Stakeholders and Governance |
- Year in Review